Friday, October 6, 2017

Carpe Diem #1270 desert travellers (Karunesh)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our luster month October 2017. Five years of CDHK ... isn't that something. I once had a goal to create a daily haiku-meme and ... well that goal I have achieved Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is still here and what a history we have already. All those beautiful prompts and all of your really wonderful responses. At the start there were approximately 5 or 6 responders, enough in my opinion, but not enough to go on. I even thought once to end it, but I am so glad that I didn't. I am so glad that I had the guts to go on with this dream, this goal.
I was excited when I met Jane Reichhold in 2013. She a renown haiku entrepeneur had time for me, a beginning haiku poet with a dream. I remember how friendly she was as I emailed her for the very first time. She took the time to answer my mail and the questions I had. I remember how proud I was as she started to co-host CDHK through a special feature "Ask Jane ...?" I remember that she once said that CDHK was the world's best website about haiku and tanka. I can only hope that she will be still proud on what I am doing. I feel her presence every day again as I am preparing the posts for CDHK. She watches my back, she gives me the inspiration I need, she ... at least her spirit is still here at CDHK.

Jane Reichhold (1937-2016)
What a journey it is to be your host at CDHK. To find ways to inspire you. I made contact during our history with several other renown haiku poets, not only from all over the world, but also from my own country. I came in contact with wonderful musicians like Peter Crowley and Karunesh. I introduced classical and non-classical haiku poets to you and I even had the guts to help you improve your haiku writing skills. What an awesome place on the Internet this is, a place were you can write and share the beauty of Japanese poetry.

This month there will be no "weekend-meditations" instead of that I have chosen to inspire you through music, as I have done earlier here at CDHK. This first episode of this weekend is a piece of music by Karunesh, maybe you can remember that back in 2013 I had a whole month of inspirational music for you with the music of Karunesh. Karunesh granted me permission to use his music for our celebration month and I am grateful for that. Thank you Karunesh that I may use your music to inspire my visitors, the haijin and travelers by, with your music.

Maybe you have read the page about October 2017 than you have seen the prompt-list too. I had chosen a nice composition titled "Calling Wisdom", but I recently heard new compositions by Karunesh. I love to share one of those new compositions by Karunesh to inspire you today.





The above track is from Karunesh' latest album "Sun Within" (2016) and this is what he says about this album:

[...] "Everybody is different and everybody is unique - yet we are all connected. We are connected through the same source, the source of existence. We can get in touch with our inner self through stillness and meditation, dance and celebration. Just be yourself and let your inner light - the Sun Within - shine and lead you on your way." [...] (Source: karuneshmusic.com)

This track is titled "Desert Traveller". Take your time to listen to it. Become one with the music, maybe be that "desert traveller" yourself. I think this composition is really gorgeous and full of spirituality. I personally love the singer in this composition, she has a wonderful angel-like voice, really gorgeous.

wandering
lost and alone

but free

© Chèvrefeuille (experimental haiku)

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 13th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, another beautiful piece of music to inspire you, later on. For now ... let the spirit of the desert be with you on your travel through the sands ... of music.


2 comments:

  1. Another splendid prompt post for your haiku kai. I never can thank you enough for this wonderful site. I cannot be certain but I think Magical Mystery Teacher was the site through which I found your blog. I had never written haiku till I began following your prompts. Anything I write I owe to you and this Kai. Love from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice ... you make me blush. I am just a guy who loves to share his love for Japanese poetry. I love creating CDHK and MMT was one of the first responders ever here at CDHK. She is a great haiku poet. I miss her participation, but of course there are no obligations to stay at CDHK. Everyone is free to visit and participate ... I hope CDHK will be here still in 2022 ... to celebrate ten years than.

      Delete