Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Carpe Diem #1190 spring wind (supuringu waindo)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First I have to apologize for being late with this new episode. I am on the nightshift, so I hadn't time to create this post earlier. This month we are exploring the classical spring kigo and today that will be "spring wind".

Let me first give you an idea what this means by sharing a haiku:

cherry blossoms
looking so fragile in the moonlight -
ah! the spring breeze

© Chèvrefeuille

The pring breeze or spring wind is one of the enemies of the fragile cherry blossoms and the Japanese, as very concerned about nature, are anxious when the spring breeze or the spring wind is scattering the fragile blossoms.


On the other hand ... in a way the spring breeze (or wind) can give that scattering a beautiful "turn", because as I look at the positive side of the spring wind then if the cherry blossoms are scattered it looks like it is snowing, ... and in my opinion that's a great sight ... So scattering of the cherry blossoms can be seen as a positive thing too. And of course there is the need of "loosing" the cherry blossoms, because of the richness of the cherries we all love to eat I think.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 18th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new "weekend-meditation", a new Namasté episode, later on. For now have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment