Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Carpe Diem Universal Jane #5 autumn scenes


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Last month (October) I started with "Universal Jane" a special feature in honor and tribute of Jane Reichhold who passed away last July. Jane was a very important "key" for Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and she was one of our co-hosts. She will be remembered forever ... here at CDHK ... her spirit is dwelling here and I love that.

So this special feature is for honoring her and to let her inspire you through her haiku and tanka. This week I have a few "autumn" haiku for your inspiration:


October beach
in all the footprints
the tread of shoes

maple hills
stain the evening sky
autumn

autumn river
covering my feet wet
with golden leaves

autumn's dusk
the smell of burning leaves
brings tears to my eyes

© Jane Reichhold

I love these haiku they all give me a real feeling of autumn the season of falling leaves, decay, Halloween and letting go. Autumn is my favorite season. Nature shows her most wonderful colors and as winter is nearing the wonderful structures of bare branches are awesome.

raking the garden the sweet scent of rotting leaves arouses my senses
© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until November 7th at noon (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment