Monday, April 11, 2016

Carpe Diem #952 New Life


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of CDHK. I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. I certainly did. Last Saturday we got our Yorkshire Terrier pup. It's really a joy to have a dog again. Our pup brings joy and that's of course something we can use after all the sad things of the last few weeks. I even see this new family member as New Life, as is our prompt for today.

All prompts are extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary  of Haiku" and here are a few examples of haiku Jane shared on this prompt.

lying in your lap
the dense smell of musk
a birthday gift
the poise of coming
forward waves on a beach
a baby's first steps


© Jane Reichhold

These two haiku are inspired on the modern spring kigo "new life", but as we look at the "classical" kigo than this kigo points towards spring, young leaves, flowers, cherry blossom and so on, but in my opinion you can also interpret "new life" as taking another, new path, as a pilgrim ...

I became inspired as I read "The Pilgrimage" by Paulo Coelho and I created the following haiga:


Well ... what do you think? Is this a great way to respond on our prompt "new life"?

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 14th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, air, later on.

PS. I am hopelessly behind with visiting and commenting I hope to catch up a.s.a.p.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Yorkie pup :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah que c'est chouette un petit Yorkie! My sister used to breed them. Enjoy the new life and that bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete