Monday, February 24, 2014

Carpe Diem #495, Hot Springs


!! This post was published early, because of the nightshift !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are almost enetering the last ten days of this wonderful month with modern summer kigo. And I hope you all do like these kigo.
I am busy with the preparing of our promptlist for July, but I love to ask your opinion about something. I love to make a promptlist for July with only haiku for your inspiration and I will only take haiku composed by the four great haiku-poets, Basho, Buson, Issa and Shiki, and thè haiku-poetess Chiyo-Ni. Ofcourse we will have again on Wednesdays the Ghost-Writer post and on Fridays our Tan Renga Challenge. In July there will be no Special episodes. What do you think about that? Please let me know. !! By the way I am looking for Ghost-Writers for July ... so if you will be a Ghost-Writer for July ... let me know or send your Ghost-Writer post to one of the following emailadresses:

carpediemhaikukai@outlook.com
carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com

Chiyo-Ni
Ok ... back to our prompt for today. Today our prompt is Hot Springs and is a very clear prompt I think so I don't have to explain it. Here is the haiku which Jane Reichhold uses as an example for this kigo.

hot springs
not far from the desert sun
fire spirits



bubbling hot springs
in dry desert sands
fire opals
soaked in hot springs
crystal-filled waters
home in the stars


© Jane Reichhold

Well ... Hot Springs ... sounds awesome, don't you think so too? I wasn't inspired to compose a new haiku on this prompt, but I thought "I have to share a haiku, so I have sought through all my haiku", but couldn't find a haiku on this prompt. So I love to share a haiku by Basho:

yuno nagori   kayoi wa hada no   samukara n



tonight my skin
will miss the hot spring
it seems colder
© Matsuo Basho (1644-1694)

There is a nice story behind this haiku by Basho, but I have to think it over, before I am gonna tell you that story and if I am going to share that story.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 22nd at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, our 4th CD-Special with music by BrunuhVille, later on ... for now ... have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love the plan. And I would be a ghost-writer one of these days, when you need one--in July or whenever an opening comes up after then. Thanks for all your care and work on this haiku kai, Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brava again ~ another great post and prompt ~ thanks, ^_^

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete