Monday, February 25, 2013

Carpe Diem #131, Caterpillar



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day will soon be coming, as I prepare this episode I am in the Nightshift and I have found a little bit of time to work at my weblog. I have read wonderful haiku last days on 'full snow moon', 'castle', 'forsythia' and a lot more. I have tried to visit you all, but I haven't commented every where, not because I don't want to, but by lack of time.

Today we share haiku on 'Caterpillar', a lovely and mysterious creature. And in a lot of shapes and colors. Look for example to this 'Wattle Cup Caterpillar':


Credits: Wattle Cup Caterpillar

Isn't it a wonderful Caterpillar? Looks like a Chinese Dragon and that inspired me to write the next haiku:

dancing dragon
in a tiny insects world
Wattle Cup

Hm ... nice ...

Of course I can't go pass the metamorphosis of the Caterpillar, through cocoon to butterfly. It's such a magical and mysterious manner of Mother Nature ... I am always in awe as I see how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly ... really it's a wonder.

Source: Metamorphosis

To write a haiku on Metamorphosis that's a real challenge to me ... so here I go ... a first try:

beneath a green leaf
her cocoon is cracking open
a young butterfly

Another one ... on metamorphosis:

Pygmalion's lesson
every man and woman has to be
like a caterpillar

like a caterpillar
growing to the next level
become a butterfly

Well ... I hope you enjoyed the read and I hope that this read will inspire you to create your own haiku on 'Caterpillar' and maybe on metamorphosis. Share your haiku with our community here on Carpe Diem.

This prompt will stay on 'till February 27th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, 'Strangers'  (provided by Patricia of High Five and Raspberries), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).



11 comments:

  1. Wonderful haiku and pictures. I took a totally different take on the word

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your picture and haiku today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a whistle stop trip to a freezing UK I'm back, though a little short on time like you Kristjaan.
    I love your haiku today, very well crafted thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another creative post for Carpe Diem ~ lovely photos and set of haiku ~ first one is my favorite ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. my tattoo is of a.butterfly, the symbol of transformation, love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the dragon version of caterpillar, very imaginative. And that caterpillar is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lovely set of haiku on a great prompt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have liked to add a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The caterpillar was a good one. :-) I should look for a photo now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an image! and a terrific haiku to accompany it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely topic. I looked and looked for the photos of the caterpillars on my Egyptian onions last summer, but finally gave up the ghost and used a Google image. This month is the 21st anniversary of my father's death, and he sent the original starter onions way before that, so the plant has fascinated me for many years.... and the caterpillars wandering on them.

    Thanks for the prompt and the information.

    ReplyDelete